reede, 4. oktoober 2013

As the Time Passes By..

Warning - this post is a result of my emotional meltdown in the bus, therefore it contains a lot of pathetic weeping about how much I miss USA. :)

It has already been a little more than 2 months since I came back from USA.
I never expected to feel so homesick towards a place where I only spent 4 weeks. But I still do.
I stumbled upon some exchange students' blogs who are currently in America and I can't believe how much I miss the air conditioning (even though it is cooold in Estonia right now), the Reese's, the big cities (Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC), the smiling sales assistants, small talk with random people, the ice cream, and of course, the people.

I would have never thought that I would still feel this American Dream feeling after visiting the "land of freedom". I didn't get my hopes up because so many people say that it's not true, that the American Dream is simply a dream, just the result of a naive imagination.

I learned so much during this time. I probably now the American Constitution better than the Estonian one. I learned that sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. I realised that I can do anything. I found out so many things about myself that I hadn't noticed before.

But I'll be back. In a few years, when I go to university, I will definitely go to university in USA. Why? Because the universities offer an endless variety of courses. Because English is a world language and since I'm not going to live in Estonia in the future, I want to get my higher education in English. Because of the multicultural community.

Well, in a few weeks I'm going to take a TOEFL test to apply to an American boarding school I really like, so wish me luck!


Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar