esmaspäev, 1. juuli 2013

America!

We are finally here!

Yesterday I woke up 3.30 AM and me and Pille (other Estonian fellow) flew to Frankfurt. We had about 4 hours until our next flight, but since it was delayed, we just tried to sleep on the benches. I couldn't sleep, but Pille could and when our gate was announced, I whispered to her "Wake up!", She jumped up, scared to death. :)
Anyway, the Washington flight was long, but movies and, music kept me entertained the whole time. Also, the immigration went really fast. We didn't have to wait at all and everybody was extremely friendly. We would have definitely missed our Indianapolis flight, but luckily it was also delayed, so everything turned out great, but by the time we arrived at the Indianapolis Airport, I was completely exhausted, even when we saw a sign "Welcome to Indianapolis", all my excitement had disappeared due to the fact that I hadn't slept for about 28 hours.. We took the Lafayette Limo shuttle to West Lafayette and we were given dinner in the bus. You can guess three times what we got... hamburgers!! Surprising, isn't it. :) We finally made it to Purdue approximately at midnight.

Today we had to be ready at 8 AM, so the night was really short and cold. Apparently Americans loooove air conditioning. We ate breakfast at Hillebrand Dining Court, which was really beautiful and modern. The food was quite good, they have a huge variety of different dishes here. We were split into 3 groups and our group mentor Erin showed us around on campus. The Purdue campus is unbelievably big. Well, big is an understatement. It's just sooo HUGE. And there are sorority and fraternity houses everywhere, like in movies. Now we have free time until 3 PM and I spent the last half an hour trying to connect the WiFi here, which is really securely protected.

Well, what else.. our rooms are quite nice, everybody has a huge closet. Bathrooms are shared, but quite clean. I'm sharing a room with Natasha, who's from Cyprus. Oh, and we were told about the possibility of tornadoes here, that kinda frreaks me out a bit, but then again Erin told us that the tornado season is over, so I'm counting on that.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar