kolmapäev, 10. juuli 2013

Indy

It has been a busy day. In the morning we ate breakfast at 7. You can imagine how horrible it was to be scared to death by the alarm at 6.30 in the morning. So pretty soon we were ready to head out to Indianapolis. I'm actually not completely sure whether I slept in the bus or not, but the bus ride went really quickly and one time when I looked out of the window, I saw the big skyscrapers in downtown.

First we visited the Indiana State House. We went on a guided tour and saw rooms where the House of Representatives and the Senate work. It was really interesting to hear that the representatives only work from January to ca. April and the representatives actually have other jobs, they are not politicians.We also visited the Indiana Supreme Court, in there it felt like the post-Civil War era, since almost all the furniture has remained the same for ca 120 years. And I was happy to see that 1 of the 5 justices there is a woman. :) We had to go through security control to get into the building and when I went through the gates, the alarm started screaming, as always, so I was searched.

After that we went to the Indiana Children's Museum, just to see how the world's largest children's museum looks like and how they educate children through interactive exhibits. It was very modern and in there I really wished I was 6 years old, because this place is amazing for children.

And finally, we had 4 hours for shopping!! We went to the Circle Center Mall. It's a huge mall at the center of downtown. And the best thing was that there was a outlet (T.J. Maxx) and I got myself new Puma trainers! And I also got some more stuff, but since I don't want to spoil the surprise, I won't write about it anymore. And, I ate my very first Häagen-Dazs ice cream, vanilla Swiss almond. I have passed by so many Häagen-Dazs shops in Europe before, but somehow I've always ended up not going there. It was DELICIOUS. We ate dinner at the mall (guess what, fast food!) and Ed tried to convince me that chicken burger is not a burger. On our way home, we picked up Carolyn Lantz, the person who coordinates(?) our programmes in the Department of State, from the airport. She's going to stay for a couple of days to see what's going on at BFTF Purdue.

Back at the campus we went for a late dinner to Subway and my feet are going to fall off in the next 5 minutes, so I'm going to sleep soon. Anyway, good morning to everybody in Estonia!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar