kolmapäev, 3. juuli 2013

We agree to disagree

That was our "sentence of the day".

Today we had a full day of classes and the topic was media and journalism. It was actually quite interesting, considering it's not really my thing. I'm looking forward to the Science Module :). We had 3 different, but great speakers. The first speaker was a lady who gave us tasks which made us find out more about each other and we got to tweet our stories about each other. Since I don't have Twitter, I just watched.The second speaker was actually from Nigeria and the third from Calcutta, so it was very interesting to hear about their experiences.

I have also some really good news -  our air conditioning was fixed today! I had to go complaining to the front desk again, but this time they did it.

In the evening we went walking through the "Purdue Village". It's the part of campus where they have all kinds of small coffee shops, stores, restaurants and we found a really great store, where they sold all kinds of pointless and  not so pointless stuff, clothes and books. In the basement they had a room full of used books for sale and it was completely amazing! The prices were very good and they had absolutely everything. I bought a Nicholas Sparks novel "Safe Heaven" and I really hope it will fit into my suitcase when we leave.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July and we are finally able to SLEEP IN!!! It's so amazing.

By the way, food here is just delicious. The dining halls also have great salad bars and I found a new favorite salad dressing - something called "ranch". Also, I can proudly say that I haven't eaten any burgers here (except the one I ate in the bus when we were coming from the airport). I guess everything else just looks so good and also I'm really starting to worry about how fat I'm going to be when I get back home. :D

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar