teisipäev, 23. juuli 2013

Not So Final Yet + Tying Loose Ends

On Sunday morning I went to church Sunday service for the very first time in my life. Even though for a non-religious person I have had quite a lot of contact with Christianity, it was still very different.
I liked going to the service because it strenghtened my confidence in my decision of not believing. I was listening to the pastor (?, not sure, maybe he was called something else, I apologize if it's wrong) and thinking that it clearly makes sense to many people, but for me it's far too conservative.

So, after church we came home, ate some lasagna and then I worked on my part of our project citizen. In the evening we had our Final Reception - which, even though we had another week together ahead of us, seemed frighteningly close to going home. But the dinner was delicious and we all received the certificates confirming that we have successfully completed the BFTF Purdue academic program. We also took a group picture and some photos with each other.

On Monday we had our Project Citizen presentations until 12 and then we went for the LAST time to eat lunch at Ford Dining Court. I wasn't even hungry, but I still ate double the normal amount food.

After lunch Kara and Joel picked me and Allie up, we picked up Hannah from the day care, went home for a few minutes and headed to Tropicanoe Cove - a small water park in Lafayette.We spent a few hours swimming there and me and Allie walked through the Columbian Park Zoo - a small petting zoo, free of charge. For dinner we had meatballs and potatoes. When I sat down at the table, I saw that in addition to a fork I also had a knife, which - believe it or not - was amazing. Here nobody really uses knives and I talked about how at home we always use a knife, so they made me a small surprise (not that it would have been hard for me to open a drawer and take a knife, but the thought was really cool :)). Me and Allie both got a gift bag from our host family. It had Purdue T-shirt and a photo of all of us in a frame. That was so sweet!

It's starting to feel like the end already and I'm not sure if I like ot. On the one hand, I want to see all the people at home and eat some healthy food, but on the other hand, this is so absolutely incredibly amazing!

I'm already in Philadelphia, but new post about our road trip here will be up in the near future, right now I'm going to enjoy our evening in a hotel.

Regards from Philly,
Elis



Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar