reede, 19. juuli 2013

The Windy City

Well, Thursday was literally the mos AMAZING day so far!

We went to Chicago!

So, enough excitement for now. :)
Anyway, I woke up 6 AM to videoskype with Helen (as you can see, she has become a regular on my blog :)) but due to some weird technical problems, I couldn't hear her so she tried to make all kinds of weird faces (ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but it was still pretty funny) and wrote messages.

In a little while it was time to head out to Earhart, catch a bus and go to Chicago. I had taken my blow-up neck pillow with me so I could sleep in the bus. Chicago was absolutely breathtaking - beautiful, big and classy skyscrapers (yes, classy, they have architecture, not just concrete and glass.

First we visited the Shedd Aquarium, which was nice, but I've been to many aquariums in Europe, so in a while, they start to look the same. Although we saw a 4D movie there (some Ice Age video) which was cool, but I like 4D movies in Tartu better. The best place in teh aquarium was definitely a cafe balcony that offered a impressive, breathtaking view of the Lake Michigan and Chicago Skyline.

The next thing on the agenda was the Willis Tower - the highest building in the U.S. After standing in line for some time, we could finally take the elevator to the 103th floor (Skydeck). The view was impressive. There were those places (like balconies) that had a glass floor and walls, so you could see straight down. I also bought some souvenirs from there (Yes, Helen, I bought souvenirs!!).

Finally we had 4.5 hours to walk around. We were dropped off at Millenium Park and me and Karolina went shopping on the Magnificent Mile (North Michigan Avenue), which is a long street surrounded by skyscrapers and really expensive stores. I did almost only window-shopping, since we are going to Indianapolis outlets tomorrow and I thought it would be kind of stupid to spend twice as much money on something. We decided not to eat during that time and since the weather was unbelievably hot (well, at least it wasn't as humid as Indiana), we actually didn't even want to eat. We just grabbed a sandwich from Starbucks before going back to the bus.

More posts about today/tomorrow coming soon!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar