pühapäev, 21. juuli 2013

God Bless the Air Conditioning

Hello again!

A little summary about Friday.

In the morning we met up at Earhart and took the bus to McCutcheon High School, one of the public high schools in Lafayette. We had a brief introduction to US education system in the auditorium by the principal and then a tour of the school. It is really big - it has ca 1900 students (?), but the school is almost only on the 1st floor, so everything is very spread out. They have at least 2 gyms, a pool, a huge cafeteria and so on. It was exactly like in movies. When Allie said that there's really no point in going to see American high school and it would be easier to watch High School Musical the night before, I didn't really believe her. But Friday proved me wrong. It is exactly like High School Musical or any other American teen movie in that matter.

After that we went back to DLRC (the place where most of our classes take place) and had a heated discussion about tolerance. Long after the class had ended, we were still discussing the controversial topic. In the afternoon we worked on our projects and me and Dejana went to Dairy Queen aferwards (I'm getting addicted to this place). In the evening we watched a movie and spent time at home. We watched The Pursuit of Happiness - who hasn't seen this yet, you definitely should. It's based on a real story and it made me reflect on the homeless shelter visit we had earlier this week.

Friday, in my opinion, was the hottest day we've had so far. I felt like I was about to have a heatstroke the whole day and the humid air was so extremely heavy. I'm starting to love the air conditioning!




Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar