teisipäev, 2. juuli 2013

Day 2

I have been here for 2 days, but it feels like weeks. So much has happened during the last 24 hours. Yesterday after lunch break we had a meeting and then some free time until the Welcome Reception. We went to Dairy Queen for ice cream. I had lemon meringue pie ice cream, which was amazing, I've never seen so many different flavours before. When we got back to Earhart (our residence) we got dressed really fast to go to the reception. We found out at the last minute that it was very formal, so I didn't have any shoes because I thought I had time to buy them before formal events. Shrine (Switzerland) saved my life and gave me her ballerinas. The reception was quite fancy. Long white tablecloths, waiters, suits. Each of us had to introduce ourselves and tell something interesting about our countries. The dinner was also really great. We had a really great time at our table. Ed (USA) tried to learn how to properly use a fork and a knife and it was just hilarious.

After the reception we took a bus to Walmart for some late shopping. This place was HUGE. It was the size of 4 big supermarkets in Estonia. And everything is cheap there. I bought a hairdrier for 9 dollars.

Today our lectures started. In the morning we had two lectures, one on Benjamin Franklin as a diplomat and diplomacy and the other one was more on BF's personal life. We had lunch at another dining court, which was a lot bigger than ours and it had really good pizza. In the afternoon we had one more lecture and after that we formed groups for Friday's talent show. According to our current plans, I'm going to dance Bulgarian traditional dance with some other people. We also went on a train ride (Boilermaker Special) around the campus, which was really fun. And now I finally had time to unpack my luggage.

I'm really having the time of my life here. Everybody's just so great and of course, the food is amazing. :D  Only the rooms are really cold, the air conditioning works 24/7. I don't even want to think about the electricity bills they get.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I covered everything, but people were right when they told me in Estonia that I wouldn't remember what I did in the morning in the same evening.



Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar